Sunday, March 17, 2024

Blog 1 - TOP 5 SOURCES OF NEWS & INFORMATION


The New York Times is my main source of news. It has everything from games to new articles to news from all over the world. The NY Times is an app that you can download on your phone. I always love waking up in the morning and playing the Wordle with my friends. NY Times is reliable but I have also grown up around it as I am from NJ. The app is very easy to use and functional. As someone who is not subscribed, they are not throwing it in my face to become a subscribed member. I really do love the NY Times because I think they have information on anything you would want to learn about. It can be things from other states, worldwide news, or articles that will make you happy after reading. 

 

The Today Show is a news platform that I also grew up. My parents would watch it every morning and I have seen the studio plenty of times in my life. When I think of the Today Show, I think of my childhood and it brings me a sense of comfort. I really enjoy it when they cover their "lifestyle" news as it is light-hearted and fun to watch. Mainly, they cover all types of news, such as worldwide, breaking, and state news. I enjoy watching this more when I am home with my mom because we love watching the entertainment aspect of their program. 


Ever since I had an iPhone, I have used Apple News as one of my news sources. Apple News is great because it has all different types of news websites, such as NYT, The Athletic, and others. Apple News covers all types of news, just like the other two I mentioned before. They have local news, world news, and national news. Similar to the NYT, Apple News has created fun games in their app - kind of how a newspaper would be. Apple News is free but Apple News+ is a subscription where you can listen to audio articles instead of having to read them. I do not have a subscription but I think it's a really cool idea to have the articles read allowed. 

 

For my fourth source, I mainly use Instagram. I don't intentionally use it but sometimes I will be scrolling through the app and seeing a post about things happening worldwide. I like Instagram for this reason because it makes me aware of stuff happening and then I tend to go to another more credible source. With the new generation becoming the media, social media apps, such as Instagram, have become a popular place for young people to look for news. For example, if they like a political figure, they can follow up and keep up with what they say and do. 


  Lastly, like many other people my age, we hear a lot of our news from TikTok. TikTok is not always creditable but it is a good app to spread awareness of something happening. Since TikTok is so huge, many people can share their opinions about specific topics. Most of the time, TikTok will show you videos and opinions that you might agree with so you don't really get the full story of something but I do still think it is a good way to bring awareness to a topic. Since TikTok is used all over the world, there are many stories from different countries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Relationship With Technology

Sometimes I like to convince myself that I'm not addicted to my phone, but as I sit here, writing this blog post, my phone is right next...