Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Blog Response to Another Presentation

One presentation that made me very interested was the one about online influences. As a social media major, influencers are people that I will be working with in the future. Learning more about them and how they work is a must for me. 

Influencers are very influential! They can take a product and make it sell out in one day. When listening to the presentation, I found it very interesting how they are the new face of marketing. Some influencers can even make a brand out of themselves. Many influencers are involved with setting trends, what is popular, fashion, fitness, etc. They can even spread awareness about a topic about a specific cause. They can connect with so many people on a personal leave, with videos, posts, and even live content. 

Postives & Negatives

During the presentation, I learned about the positive aspects of online influencers. One of the positive aspects of this is that they have a very effective marketing reach. As I said before, influencers can sell out a product in a second. As someone who wants to work with social media and marketing, this is very valuable to learn and know about. I really enjoyed learning different ways they can connect with their followers and how much influence they have on them. Another positive is that they create a sense of trust with their followers. Since they are very personable, when they review or make an ad for a product, their followers will trust them with their reviews. They strive for content creation, so they aren't only doing ads, they are also making social media an entertaining place again. From this, they are even able to create a brand for themselves and make it their career. Online influencers are the new way of marketing. They use their creativity and involve their fans in everything they are doing. 

While I have stated some amazing positive aspects about online influencers, there are also many cons. Many people wish to become an influencers as the job seems easy and fun. Although it does seem fun, it is just the same as a regular job, they just don't show that side. Becoming an influencer used to be out of luck - you could gain a following overnight or you could work really hard for it, it was just the luck of the draw. Recently, it has become very popular. Everyone you know could be an influencer, meaning the job is becoming less luxurious. I believe this is a negative aspect because if people can become it, what makes them so special? As I said before, they do create a sense of trust with their followers but sometimes, they are being paid for saying something is good. They must say if they are being paid but sometimes, they don't, which makes it hard for their followers to trust them anymore. Normally when this happens, the influencer would be "cancelled". 

Overall, online influencers have changed the way we market products. They have changed social norms and have a heavy influence on changing trends, fashion, and becoming role models. I believe that online influencers are a great thing as we are a technology-heavy world. Social media will forever be changed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Relationship With Technology

Sometimes I like to convince myself that I'm not addicted to my phone, but as I sit here, writing this blog post, my phone is right next...