Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Blog 6 - Communication Technology Reaction

Blog Post #4 - Communication Tech Response

After listening to today’s presentations, the one that stuck out to me the most was the evolution of emojis. To be honest, I have never thought of the evolution because emojis are something I have always seen on phones. It was interesting how they were traced back to the 1800s and called emoticons. They would produce magazines and put four pictures of “faces” calling them typographical art. 


Technically, they were founded in 1982 with the smiley face emoji. A year later, they had 90 new emojis. For the next few years, they had these 90 emojis as phone communication could have been more popular. Then, in the 2000s, they noticed more and more communication rise. Now, there are almost 4,000 emojis on the iPhone.
I use emojis daily, whether to laugh at a text or send a heart to Mom! I couldn’t imagine texting without emojis. I really enjoyed learning about them as they are a part of my everyday life. I thought it was cool how they could track back to the 1800s with typewriters. To see the evolution of these things makes me interested in how they will eventually change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Relationship With Technology

Sometimes I like to convince myself that I'm not addicted to my phone, but as I sit here, writing this blog post, my phone is right next...